Sunday, April 17, 2011

A day in the Armenian War

Video: The pianist

The day before, it was all peace, but today, the Germans finally attacked. Just in the morning, we were all leading our daily lives, and I was playing my piano within the radio broadcast room. All of a sudden, loud and deafening sound of an air raid was heard. Bombs dropped down, and the window beside me got blasted apart almost immediately. The whole town was in a state of panic as everyone raced for shelter. Many were killed on the streets. Luckily for me, I managed to hide myself. However, soon after, the air raid stopped, and all was quiet. As I stepped out of my hiding place slowly, I saw that the whole town was burned, with flames everywhere, and dead corpses lying by the road. I immediately, made my way towards the shelter set up. The shelter, was packed full of people, many suffering from injuries. I found a quiet spot and sat down, and rested. My life was turned into a living hell just within hours. Surviving now is the top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment