Saturday, January 15, 2011

Curriculum of identity

Well, i still remember clearly when i was in the company of a group which i was clearly not included in. It happened roughly when i was in secondary one, whereby i tried to make friends with another group of people who were also secondary ones. We were chatting with each other about mousehunt, which is a very popular facebook game, and they just kind of like ignore me, in a sense whereby, i was always interrupted when i was speaking, and they tend to push aside a point which i make, no matter how logical it was. I was also left aside from their chat, as they ignore me and not bother about me.
At that point of time, i was feeling quite upset as they did not want to make friends with me, i was also feeling irritated as they ignore me, and thus i got quite pissed off. In the end, since i realise that they did not want to be friends with me at all, i decided to feel the same way as what i thought they felt about me, and made up an excuse to leave the group. In the end, i just walked off and went straight home, feeling slightly upset, but nonetheless still happy as i had a great day.
In the end, this situation has taught me, not to just join and hang around with any groups easily, but to think first, which is to think before i act. This has also given me an experience, where in this case i was not accepted in a sense, unlike in primary school where i could hang around in any company of groups. This has also affected me in a sense, whereby i was sort of shy to approach other groups for the next day as i was afraid of history repeating itself, but other then that, it did not really have a very negative impact on me.
Lastly, always try to be optimistic, and be cheerful, when being faced with this situation.
~Gordon (:

No comments:

Post a Comment