Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reflections after trip to Adelaide, Australia

During the June Holidays, I went to Australia, Adelaide. In the time I was there, I gained new experiences. For this trip, our family went along with our cousin’s family together, without a tour guide, so it was essentially just like a free and easy trip.

In this trip, I have seen many new things, and ate lots of food. For example, on one of the days, we made our way to Kangaroo Island. On Kangaroo island, we took a picture together with Koala Bears, fed kangaroos, and took a look of seals at a close proximity, whereby one actually came up to us, and walked around us. We were then told not to move, so as to not frighten the seal. We too went to a Korean restaurant. It was the first time that I was actually in an authentic Korean restaurant. We ordered a Kimichi Hotpot, as well as various other dishes, that were not only yummy, but also very spicy too. For the whole meal, everyone was sweating while enjoying the meal at the same time.

This was indeed a fruitful trip, as I have learned more about Adelaide, as well as the ecology at the Kangaroo Island. I have also gone to their various shopping malls, and experienced their sales season. The Australians there are totally different as compared to Singaporeans when it is a sale season. The shops are actually not really flooded with people, and the shop owner are usually courteous and helpful even though you might have not bought an item after pondering and taking up his time. I have also forged a greater bond between my cousins and I as we interacted with one another in the trip as well as have fun together. At the same time, we had to care for one another.

~Gordon Koh

No comments:

Post a Comment